Friday, December 8, 2006

No goat for me, Dad?

In all my life my Dad never sacrificed a goat to our ancestors in my honor. Today I was sitting with several of the young people that are being discipled by Pastor Mark. Two sisters that have been coming to the church here for several years were telling about difficulties at home. Their father tells them that the Bible says that they are supposed to obey him so they should sit down and pay attention while he teaches them how to worship their ancestors. They are concerned for their littler sister who is also saved but is confused between Biblical truths and the things her parents and uncle tell her. Other hard things at home challenge their patience and try their faith. It's hard to hear these things but wonderful to know that God is going to use them all for mighty things in the future.

I think the thing that I have enjoyed the very most here has been the teacher training class that I've been blessed to conduct on Saturdays. These sisters and two others from the class are excited to take over leadership of the Junior church after I leave next week. Others may become Sunday School teachers and I hope all will continue with the Saturday open air meetings. I received a thank you note this week that brought me to tears. I feel so happy and fulfilled to be ministering God's Word. There is no more precious gift than the news of how to be right with God.

L to R: Me, Boniswa, Romeo, Muhtondi, Zenele, Cindy Neilson, Thumeka, and Stacey Neilson.

No comments: